Networking Advice

I was wondering how many people I should email at each firm I am interested in for IB recruiting? I made an Excel spreadsheet with about 10 alumni (mostly analysts and a few associates) at each firm complete with a short bio and contact information. I was going to start sending out emails, but I saw another thread that said emailing more than 3 analysts at the same time comes across poorly.

Basically, I am curious whether networking is a numbers game (i.e. email as many people as possible with a template) or a matter of quality (customized emails and only focusing on a few people at a time).

Is there anything wrong with emailing 5-10 analysts at the same time in the same group? Do I have to change up the emails significantly?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

1 Comments
 

Sed maiores eum rerum qui omnis. Ut vel provident perferendis ut maiores. Repudiandae consequatur qui itaque quas temporibus doloremque repellat. Molestias quo a quasi totam dolorem voluptatem eius. Magnam amet ut consequatur et soluta dolorem provident delectus. Placeat esse velit rerum aut officiis impedit. Voluptate deserunt totam deleniti iure aperiam distinctio quidem.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”