I know it is completely about self preference when it comes to wearing a t-shirt under a dress shirt...but just as a side note, if your office is a business casual setting, does it look stupid if you can see a white undershirt under your dress shirt?
You see his white undershirt clearly. Would it be better to wear a V neck? What if you have chest hair?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, just not 100% sure if this is really something I can just play off.
What to Wear Under a Dress Shirt?
As OP mentions, it is a personal preference, but here are some tips from the WSO community on undershirts:
- Go with a no-show undershirt
- Go with a moisture-wicking undershirt for comfort and not destroying your dress shirts
- Consider wearing a wife beater which you can't see
- Find shirts that button high on the second button so it doesn't show your chest if you a worried about chest hair
- Wear a v-neck undershirt
- Purchase light gray undershirts as they won't show through much if at all
- Wear crew neck undershirts if the collar shows under the dress shirt
- Wear a white undershirt under your dress shirt
- Wear undershirts with logos or designs on them