weird situation - advice needed
Hi all, I'm an international student studying in the US, graduating in December this year.offer with a medium-sized endowment, but realized it's not exactly what I want to do for FT. They have also said that even though the internship can be converted into FT, they won't be able to sponsor an H1B. I don't have STEM OPT extension either. This means I pretty much have to re-recruit for FT when the time comes if I want a chance to work in the US for the next 3-5 years.
I have also recruited much later for 2021 summer and off-cycle IB/PE positions across London/HK and made it to the final stages, but I haven't heard back about decisions. Given all this, I don't want to get my hopes up on those opportunities given how fast the summer is approaching.
I understand that my chances are low in the US given the difficultiesissue. My options are as follows:
1) Re-recruit in the US.
Pros: Currently in the US, so it is easy for me to network. Will also be in NYC for the summer/fall if the London/HK roles don't work out.
Cons: Visa sponsorship struggles.
2) Re-recruit FT in London/HK
Pros: No visa sponsorship needed in either of those places.
Cons: I don't have that many contacts and I heard headcount are lower in those places (?), not a native Mandarin speaker for HK
3) Master's degree in the UK
Pros: Another shot at recruiting for SA.
Cons: Expensive (!!), no guarantee of a successful outcome, lower headcount (?)
4) Green card marriage (lmao)
Pros: No more visa struggles
Cons: Marriage is a big decision (!!!), I can already barely get a guy to text me back so the chance of success is 1%<
Appreciate any advice from fellow US/UK monkeys out there!