What is ECM like lifestyle/work/culture
I am beginning to start narrowing down what division to recruit for SAhas piqued my interest. I wanted to ask y'all what it is really like before I start making some networking calls. So I'll just throw some bullet points down of the things i'm curious about.
- Why did you choose ECM?
- Is the work as an analyst rewarding, i.e. do you feel some sense of victory after closing a placement or an IPO?
- In your experience, what is the culture like in the ECM division? Is it comparable to the stereotypical IB/M&A crowd?
- Is it worth doing ECM anywhere but NYC?
- What exit opportunities are most common besides IR?
- Best book to read for ECM?
I appreciate anything y'all have to offer and would love to hear back.