WSO is 40,000 Strong and Counting

We just hit the 40,000 member mark so I'd like to take the time to thank all of the users that have made WSO such a valuable resource. Thank you.

We still have many improvements that are in the works - thanks to all those that took the time to give us feedback: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/wso-suggest…

From that thread we got a drastically improved Search Module and new user icons (to help identify the industry and status of a user in the forums without having to visit their profile page). We also just installed Mollum spam filter, which has cut the # of spam posts down considerably in the past 3 days (since we installed it).

I know there has been some concern over an increasing number of trolls lately (http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/improve-wso…) so we will be looking into ways to automate and flag certain posts to try and make our moderators job easier.

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming.

-Patrick

Congrats to WSO and to you Patrick! Great new features and let's keep em coming. Assume you saw my post earlier on controlling trolls and the like, would love to see more there too:

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/improve-wso-now-save-wso-from-its…

Let's make WSO the #1, if not the ONLY site worth going to for anyone in the iBanking industry looking for jobs, career advice and overall entertainment. And not only in iBanking, but all the other "verticals" you cover that don't seem to get as much traction, like consulting, and the like.

Keep up the great work and let us know how we can help!

40k is fantastic Patrick. Site has really came a long way...... Still wishing I had bought equity into this (Facepalm)

"Oh the ladies ever tell you that you look like a fucking optical illusion" - Frank Slaughtery 25th Hour.

blacktiedog:
I seriously think banks should start paying you Patrick. This site has groomed so many canidatea and made their lives easier.

ha, i wish. you want to lead this initiative for WSO?

As a start, we would be happy if banks wanted to sponsor different forums -- but I have surprisingly few contacts left on the street and I don't want to spend countless hours trying to cold call or try to explain what WSO is....we are having a promotional video made by the guys over at Vismomedia.com so maybe that will help.

Best Response
WallStreetOasis.com:
blacktiedog:
I seriously think banks should start paying you Patrick. This site has groomed so many canidatea and made their lives easier.

ha, i wish. you want to lead this initiative for WSO?

As a start, we would be happy if banks wanted to sponsor different forums -- but I have surprisingly few contacts left on the street and I don't want to spend countless hours trying to cold call or try to explain what WSO is....we are having a promotional video made by the guys over at Vismomedia.com so maybe that will help.

Don't worry, if this site can hold on for the next 15 years or so, some of the members will be MDs and can get that ball rollin', lol.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:
new search still isn't working for me... besides that, congrats!

Shit, really? Looking into that...in the meantime you should be able to access it here: //www.wallstreetoasis.com/search/apachesolr_search/

WallStreetOasis.com][quote=<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:
new search still isn't working for me... besides that, congrats!

Shit, really? Looking into that...in the meantime you should be able to access it here: //www.wallstreetoasis.com/search/apachesolr_search/[/quote]

thanks... ill bookmark this thread for now... if it persists ill let you know

also, if you need some more mods i'm down, i'm on this site enough lol

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

Amet provident reprehenderit fugit nemo cum quia hic. Aliquam consequatur rerum aut omnis aliquam commodi. Omnis quisquam quod ab modi. Omnis quia fugit facilis. Odit placeat et illum id qui magnam. Autem eos eveniet cumque ex non eos consequatur.

www.wallstinsiders.com www.facebook.com/WallStreetInsiders

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”