The Wall Street Oasis Scholarship
The primary goal of Wall Street Oasis is to help educate young finance professionals and students as they approach critical career decisions. It is a place where finance professionals can come to learn more about other related fields, network with other members, and even apply to specific jobs that interest them.
Since our main objective is to help in the education of our members, we have created an annual scholarship for one undergraduate student. We hope to assist with your educational goals.
About Wall Street Oasis
Wall Street Oasis is the largest and most entertaining finance community online. With over 50 million unique visitors to date and over 5 million pageviews a month, our members can be sure that their questions will get answered in our forums by experienced professionals. Wall Street Oasis also provides services to help our members as they progress through their business career.
You are either
- a high school senior that has been accepted to an accredited university or
- a current undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited university.
- Please write a 800-1,200 word essay about the role that your community (example: family, town, school, church) plays in your education. What kind of support have you received from your community? How will you use your education to help others in your community?
- In addition to your essay, please record a 5-10 minute video elaborating on key points discussed in your essay.
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university that is listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Submitting Your Application
Please complete the following form to submit your application: The Wall Street Oasis Scholarship
The form must include:
- Full name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Attached evidence of your current academic status that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. We will accept an acceptance letter or most recent tuition billing statement as proof of enrollment. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
- Your written submission as a Google document via a shareable link. Essays in any other format will not be accepted. Essay link must exist and be live until winner announcement date.
- Please share your video as a link. The video can be private and be shared with any service you like, such as YouTube, DropBox, Google Drive, Vimeo, or any other service. If you'd like to keep it private on YouTube, make it "unlisted" so that it is not public. Please title the video file with your full name. The YouTube video must exist and be shareable up until the winner announcement date.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is July 1, 2018. A winner will be announced on July 15, 2018.
- The winning candidate will be selected based on the student's essay and video by a team of judges from Wall Street Oasis.
- Any questions about the scholarship can be directed to: [email protected]
- The scholarship funds provided by Wall Street Oasis can be sent via check, PayPal, or other means to the recipient or University. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
- This scholarship is available on a yearly basis.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the Wall Street Oasis Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Wall Street Oasis, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Wall Street Oasis.
- Post the applicant's name, college or university, video, and essay on www.wallstreetoasis.com web site.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Wall Street Oasis social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, Wall Street Oasis will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.