Is it wrong for a student at a university to sleep with an employee at an investment bank and he help her get a job there?
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "<a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/hey-you-ocr-little-fcksL">HEY you OCR little f*cks</a>" </em> all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted on 6/21/12.</em> At the beginning of my analyst program i had a fixed-notion of what it takes to become one of the top-ranked analysts in my class, pocket top-bucket bonus and move on to a prosperous future...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 42 reps signed up but would love to add 20-30 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong presentation/communication skills who are...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- If you look at elite athletes of virtually any sport, they almost always share one thing in common: they started playing the sport at a fairly young age. Sure, there are exceptions, but very rarely do you see a world-class athlete who picked up the sport after high school. Now, what does...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> When women get together with their friends and talk about the new guy in their life, one of the first questions that always comes up is, "What does he do?", which - let's face it -...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- I would love to hear different people's opinions on this topic. I have talked with several different people recently and many seem to think we are approaching the end of this cycle (maybe less than...
- Just started a FT gig at a top MM IB this past June (think William Blair, HL, Raymond James, etc.) and I don't feel like I've been doing much at all. It's not like I've screwed up on a project and no...
- Hi fellow WSOers, Does anyone know if UBS has a Graduate Training Program for Investment Management track? If so, what does the recruiting timeline look like? Thanks in advance.
- Pretty sure there's not enough room to name all of mine. My picks: -Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir, Pur Sang, Hermes Edition -Aston Martin Vanquish (2015) -Mercedes-Maybach S600 -Brabus AMG-GT (2016),...
- So I am getting ready to attend a career networking event at my local CFA society in two weeks and need some advice whether to add my last job on my resume. I just recently left my job as a manager...
- As an analyst at a upper-mm PE shop, what are people's thoughts on deal sourcing? All the deals we have looked at come from bankers who are connected with the senior guys at the firm. However, I...
- Hello All, I am new to the forum and am trying to get a handle on exactly what I want to do for my last summer internship. I am a Finance student from a non-target school in the Midwest, have a full...
- Hey guys, Wanted to bounce an idea off of you and see if there is an actual gap/need for this in the market or if its just me that would use it. Would a iPhone app service that allows you to listen...
- Come get drinks with myself and Shorttheworld TONIGHT at 6pm. We will be at BarCode (on 17th street). Don't be weird. From @shorttheworld re where to find the group:We probably won't have a WSO...
- Hi all, New to WSO boards but here looking for some insight. I've spent 7 years on the buy-side at a L/S equity HF and considering a switch to Private Wealth through a family connection who has been...
- Hi, I am working with an experienced quant trading team in China, helping them search experienced quant team/individuals interested in funding their strategy in China's financial markets. Can anyone...
- I've learned a great deal from these boards over the years, and in an attempt to give back I'd like to share a bit about my path in the event anyone is interested. As a bit of background prior to...
- Warren buffet is pretty old school when it comes to websites as you can seehttp://www.berkshirehathaway.com/ simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- Hi, I'm in a target school in the uk and looking for some advice from someone working in trading in London. Could you leave a comment below if I can PM you. Thanks
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 432