Sophomore Internship 2015

Hey WSO,

I'm a sophomore at a top target (HYPW) w/ a 3.9 GPA in Math/Stat interested in working in consulting full time, hopefully at MBB. Over my freshman summer, I worked for an smaller (1B Mkt Cap) tech firm in a strategy/corp dev role and am fortunate to have a return offer there. This year, I was focused on securing a BB internship to get a solid name on my resume, but haven't gotten any interviews yet (seems like most SA recruiting is done?).

With that in mind, as it is January, what opportunities should I pursue to make myself the most attractive candidate for MBB Junior internships?

Should I still pursue BBs (network heavily now), return to my old firm (not in a location I really want to be in again though), seek T2/T3 consulting (not exactly sure how to find opportunities there), or study abroad (thinking of LSE program)?

10 Comments
 

Laudantium eum fugiat est sint natus distinctio commodi ut. Occaecati totam magni veniam earum suscipit et blanditiis. Repellendus qui rem non hic. Totam numquam quia dolor quod. Occaecati maiores veniam a nihil ea est. Maxime voluptas est facere.

Aut ad iure repellendus eligendi qui consequuntur sequi eaque. Nemo fugiat cupiditate aspernatur laborum amet enim. Aspernatur ut ipsa assumenda animi dicta in voluptatum.

As long as I am doing better then I am feeling and I do it to prove them wrong.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Consulting

  • Boston Consulting Group 99.5%
  • Bain & Company 98.9%
  • McKinsey & Company 98.4%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.9%
  • LEK Consulting 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Consulting

  • Cornerstone Research 99.5%
  • Bain & Company 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group 98.4%
  • McKinsey & Company 97.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Consulting

  • Bain & Company 99.5%
  • Boston Consulting Group 98.9%
  • McKinsey & Company 98.4%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.9%
  • LEK Consulting 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Consulting

  • Partner (4) $361
  • Principal (30) $294
  • Director/MD (59) $274
  • Vice President (53) $245
  • Engagement Manager (114) $233
  • Manager (171) $173
  • 2nd Year Associate (185) $142
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (116) $137
  • Senior Consultant (355) $132
  • Consultant (642) $122
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (164) $121
  • 1st Year Associate (577) $121
  • NA (16) $114
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (393) $104
  • Associate Consultant (176) $101
  • 1st Year Analyst (1168) $90
  • Intern/Summer Associate (208) $83
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (640) $68
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”