I just wanted to get your opinion on an offer that I have received from Strategy &. I'm currently an economist at a G-7 Central Bank, and through some networking was able to interview and land an offer with Strategy&. The job is not based in a G-7 country, and is in fact a developing part of the world (think South-East Asia, North Africa etc.) I had a fly-out to see the team a few days back, and while the office space leaves much to be desired (no plush offices, very different from NA/Europe) the team seems to be filled with great people.
1) The strategy team is rather small (less than 10), and the geography is rather new. Strategy& has opened this office less than 3 years ago. The implementation work is carried out by PwC Consulting.
2) From discussions with the Partner, and MD the deal flow seems strong with lots of opportunities for in-bound P/E firms looking to invest, and government based Industrial Policy Projects (of 100 projects, nearly 50% are for non-local clients looking to invest in the country)
3) They are bringing me in at the entry level position, the pay is a tad bit lower than what I make in terms of USD equivalent at the bank. However, the cost of living is way lower as well, so all in all I'll be living comfortably. Also, the pay is at the same level as MBB firms in the region.
1) I'm concerned on moving to this place, and not liking the job and the environment and basically being stuck with no exits until I finish at least 2-3 years here.
2) Any insights on how this shall be viewed by admissions committee at M-7 MBA programs? Will they see this as an adventurous, bold career move?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!