Exploding offer timing in F500 M&A?

I was wondering what experiences people had in terms of timing of receiving an offer and the length of time to decide after final in person interviews?

I won't have the opportunity to push the other party until I have the first offer. However, I am trying to get an idea if F500 M&A type groups typically give a few days, 1 - 2 weeks, or if it just depends and varies. Also curious to know success in negotiating more time to decide if needed.

Not sure what details to provide, but this is a junior/mid experienced internal M&A position in another state from where I am now.

Thanks-

2 Comments
 

Et est quia temporibus et accusantium ut. Sunt minus voluptatem minima et et. Et quibusdam quo ut cupiditate ut velit minima.

A dolorem suscipit laborum sed sed quae unde. Adipisci libero hic commodi nihil fuga blanditiis. Est enim dolore recusandae necessitatibus facere non earum sint. Quis tenetur asperiores eos amet.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”