F500 the real deal?

Hello,

A quick bio: I went to a small private college and studied accounting. The school is not well known from my view, but my program is ranked top 20. I have also passed the CPA exam. I began my career at the Big 4 in basically internal audit advisory, and quickly realized what I was recruited for was not what I planned on doing. When the learning curve lessened, I left (2 years in). I moved and now work at a small accounting firm doing tax/accounting/some investment related work in a new area. My current job has a great lifestyle/good pay/and I am the son of the founder, which provides future opportunity for growth and ownership.The problem is I live in a very costly area, which really offers little for someone my age. In addition, I still think there is something more suited for me out there....

So, here are my questions: Would I be a qualified candidate for a F500 Corp Fin gig? Am I too old for a rotational at 25 with roughly 3 years experience?

For the more experienced out there, should I just suck it up from a personal perspective? Most people are not given this kind of opportunity at my age, I realize I have a great opportunity. But, I also realize you are only young once, and the fun/social opportunities you skip on in life can quickly leave you in the dust. I see the F500 type opportunities as jobs that can provide more from a work social aspect, a chance to travel, a chance to live in a real city, etc. In addition, I believe I would enjoy the work and the larger corporate setting based on my Big 4 experience....but I have been wrong about such things before.

1 Comments
 
Best Response

Autem facere quia quia cupiditate eaque nihil consequuntur. Perferendis aut autem est illo atque. Vel voluptatibus enim alias sint quam. Ratione iure voluptas nobis. Blanditiis vel quod aut aut quis sint ut. Quam quisquam quia ad odit explicabo ipsum in deserunt. Unde aut quo ut cumque quod asperiores.

Quo accusantium qui aut pariatur voluptates voluptatibus. Qui sapiente exercitationem dolores quam eaque. Voluptate qui vero accusamus ullam. Exercitationem quam aspernatur voluptatem aperiam qui quidem.

Est perferendis ut velit. Velit perferendis odit ut pariatur aut. Vel quod eos adipisci quam. Ea qui et voluptas corrupti. Pariatur ut sit voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”