Low GPA at top 10. Where are all the F500 companies?

I have a 3.1 GPA as a Junior... Maybe it will raise to a 3.3 by the time FT recruiting comes around, but realistically it will be around 3.1-3.2...The only leadership roles I have are from high school, and I only have volunteer experience in college. Had a no-name accounting internship last summer.

My question: What should I do this summer/is f500 recruiting also in january?

I'm looking to f500, as my stats are not good enough for iBanking. I also want a reasonable balance of work/free time.

I don't really see f500 recruiting at my school though... it's mostly GS, JPM and various other I-banks. Maybe it's because I didn't really look into the career fair...

My plan is to work a couple years in Corp Fin. --> go to a top B school --> HF/PE/VC. Is this reasonable with my GPA? I'm a good test taker(my low gpa is explainable) as I scored a 2300 on the SAT.

6 Comments
 
Best Response
futurexrejectfuck i'm supposed to be sleeping/studying for finals. No wonder my gpa is shit.

anyways, advice/ help appreciated.

First, you aren't necessarily screwed for banking so you could still try that route.

Secondly, try to reach out to alum, look at different company websites, and see if you can use any other contacts. Most F500's focus their efforts on schools they think they will get more responses from. There aren't a ton of Harvard guys looking at GE. I got my FLDP interview just through a resume drop online and I was in a similar situation with very few F500's on campus and much more financial services. I know for a fact that my company looks through all 400-500ish applications we get each year for our FLDP. But I also got interviews by looking through my contacts list and expressing interest in their companies.

 
MrReagan8PMed you. Anyone else interested in FLDPs, feel free to PM me. Currently at a top A&D.
Can't send PM's yet but I'm interested. PM me please
 

Ea ut ut similique perspiciatis et nobis. Voluptatem perspiciatis sint enim cum vitae iure.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”