Equity Research Compensation Progression
Hi I'm currently a sophomore looking to get an.
I am wondering if people here have any numbers on what one can expect for salary + bonuses at each job level. Some stats I found online:
- Associates in major financial centers tend to earn between $125K and $200K compensation, with about 75% of that from their base salaries.
- Post- and graduate-level hires earn in the middle-to-high-end of that range, and possibly slightly above it.
- VP-level professionals earn between $200K and $300K, again with 75%+ from their base salaries.
- Directors might earn between $300K and $600K, with 50-75%+ of that in base salary. At this level, the year-end bonus starts to make a huge impact on total compensation.
- Managing Directors could earn between $500K and $1 million, with base salaries in the $250K – $600K range.
- To earn in the low millions (say, $1.0 – $2.5 million), you’d likely have to be one of the top few Institutional Investor-ranked Analysts.
Ranges seem wide, and I've seen some numbers here and there that contradict each other. Let me know if you have any other recent data points