100% wool vs blended suit (incoming Analyst)

I was looking into building myself a wardrobe since I'm starting as an analyst 1 this year. When looking into entry-level suits I saw that many use blended wool (50% wool / 50% plastic) while SuSu uses 100% wool.

Would you recommend me to go with a blended suit or should it be 100% wool? I heard that blended suits usually last longer.

9 Comments
 

While I can afford 100% wool I am wondering if it's worth it. The closest Suitsupply is a ~3 hour drive (I will move to London, a week before I start my analyst gig). And a 100% wool suit in my location around ~100EU more expensive, so in total (3 Suits) I would spend 300EU more for 100% wool instead of a blend.

 

Yes it's worth it, 300EU isn't much for the difference. in 1 year that money will be a small amount of your salary, but you'd be sad if you only had synthetic suits

Wait until your move to shop though. No need to drive 3 hours if you don't need them right now

Array
 

Plastic suits make you look like a dildo. Go with the wool and spend a bit more to move the odds in your favor that you’ll look at a time when you need to impress your new bosses. Have a tailor do all the required alterations.

 

Voluptatem velit numquam inventore id minus qui. Voluptatibus impedit quas possimus consequatur soluta ut modi quae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”