For the last 4 years I studied really hard and kept my GPA over 3.75 to work at IB to be ready for my future plans (L/S HF), but unfortunately I didn't get any offer from IBs.

For the last 4 years, I studied hours and hours for just one goal: To get into IB after my graduation, and then to work at a PE for a year to get accepted into a M7 program to work at my dream job, L/S HF. But, unfortunately I didn't get any offer from any of the IBs. Though, I got multiple offers from very-good companies/firms.

I know that it will be much harder without IB+PE to get accepted into M7 and then get into a L/S HF, but I will not give up and continue to work harder. Which one of these options would be the best for my goals ?

• McKinsey
  • Sovereign Wealth Fund (250B$+)
  • Big4

Comments (8)

• Associate 2 in PE - LBOs
Jan 20, 2022 - 12:07pm

McKinsey is not a setback, it's almost ideal. MF PE recruiting from McKinsey is easy. CO + PE experience is valuable. You will need to do two years PE then ideally H/S/W but with a McK + PE profile, unless you're a boring human, you'll do fine in H/S/W recruiting.

Jan 22, 2022 - 8:03am
OracleofBromaha, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Probably McKinsey unless you have the opportunity to do very detailed Forensic Accounting at the Big 4 AND really want to do that kind of in the weeds work (e.g. like short selling as opposed to say, tech investing). There are plenty of people on this site and in the industry who didn't do IB and have buyside jobs so look at those paths too.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jan 23, 2022 - 9:51pm

Voluptatem nobis similique aut harum velit nihil. Autem quod et nemo cupiditate. Et hic autem velit beatae saepe.

Ea ea rerum accusantium ut aut. Rem autem voluptate iste error. Minima explicabo dolorem amet veniam vel minus et.

Voluptate voluptatibus molestiae odit porro cumque sit ad aut. Voluptate cupiditate quibusdam et et cupiditate hic assumenda. Nesciunt optio excepturi qui pariatur. Nisi eius saepe dignissimos.

In sit magnam sit nostrum rerum. Modi voluptatem harum corporis iure ut porro est. Voluptas veritatis consequatur eos voluptas. Consequatur commodi itaque consequuntur veniam.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2022 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 96.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.6%
  • Two Sigma Investments 94.5%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2022 Hedge Fund

• D.E. Shaw 98.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 97.8%