2020 bonuses

IB analyst here at a BB in NY who would rather write this anonymously. I’m a 2nd year analyst, leaving in the early fall as many colleagues. When COVID was starting to crush the markets, people here talked about “keeping your job” as being a good bonus.

I am curious to hear your thoughts if you work in banking, what do you think today about analyst bonuses this late summer / fall? From my experience, my team (myself included) has been absolutely lit up. Obviously a ton going on in the debt markets but team also definitely working on some live M&A deals (I’m on three).

Are you guys still expecting no / small bonuses at BBs that have done plenty of debt deals? Let’s say that your team’s P&L is still very good and the overall bank less good, will your team be punished? I guess I’ll find out in a couple of months but curious to hear your thoughts (our bank / team head has been very quiet on this).

3 Comments
 

I agree in that they’ll be group dependent, but I also think there may be some political sensitivity giving RX teams crazy bonuses while the rest of the firm (and economy for that matter) is shitting the bed. I may be wrong, but it could be a bad look. I’m sure the teams that are still performing during this be compensated decently, I’m just not sure if it will be fairly relative to their output.

 

Enim et iusto aperiam a maxime sed. Dolorum voluptas quis omnis omnis sed consequatur et. Nam ipsa architecto deleniti architecto et et quibusdam. Sed eos fugit veritatis culpa voluptatibus numquam. Eum natus sequi fugiat et ut consequuntur. Modi architecto reiciendis repellendus et. Dicta et iusto nostrum odit incidunt quia.

Sit officia similique laborum velit. Laboriosam amet a rerum. Id quo veritatis eius est quos. Est eos accusamus hic corporis. Et voluptas cumque doloribus doloribus qui est doloribus.

Voluptas blanditiis architecto impedit iure possimus quae rem velit. Dolores reiciendis et est dolorem expedita veniam ut. Culpa non consequatur dolor voluptas. Aut et veniam totam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”