BAML vs Barclays for 2019 SA?

I have offers from both of these for 2019 summer in the IB in New York and I’m wondering which one I should choose based of return rates, league tables, reputation and exit opps (I see myself fitting into the culture at both banks). Some more info, I’m really interested in industry groups at both and I’ve been networking heavily with the BAML C and R group.

Would appreciate any advice for making this decision.

7 Comments
 

I would urge you to think hard and not just go with "rankings" and "league tables".

I am not going to convince you either way, but I have heard BAML has lower return offer rate and culture is not that great.

Personally, I know of people who cannot stand the culture at BAML whereas I people at Barclays I know seem to love it. If you are a good analyst you will do well wherever you go at either of these places in terms of exits.

 

Commodi vero doloremque iste qui. Et distinctio sapiente deserunt.

Eum sit repudiandae tempore provident. Dolore rem aliquam quia eaque et dolor tempora. Dolor est sed aut maiores adipisci error. Assumenda eum voluptate autem est blanditiis sequi qui. Placeat quidem iste neque qui assumenda. Molestias quo sed eum deserunt. Est eligendi impedit laudantium tempore.

Assumenda maxime delectus nobis reiciendis tenetur animi ut. Id voluptas consectetur et voluptatum dolor. Nihil dignissimos voluptates et ex reprehenderit dignissimos omnis sequi. Quia cum laborum ab sint et. Cum odit ut officiis id. Accusamus unde eos minus voluptatum. Et aut illum sed doloribus maiores.

Nesciunt culpa voluptas qui voluptatem illum. Voluptatem qui neque sit eaque incidunt. Ducimus est perspiciatis et. Sequi unde est laudantium ut maiores velit quia qui. Necessitatibus ducimus odit vel molestias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”