Citi/BAML or GS/MS NY for IBD SA 2021

Hi everyone,

I got IB offers from Citi/BAML (generalist) and GS/MS (group specific) through accelerated recruiting for SA 2021. I love the people at Citi/BAML and know quite a few senior people there. Everyone keeps telling me about how GS/MS has an amazing brand but I am a little nervous about the culture. I am a woman of color at a liberal arts college and I really care about working on a team which is not an exclusive white male club. Just wanted to know if anyone has thoughts on the IBD culture at GS/MS in terms of support/diversity/mentorship and if there are specific coverage groups at these banks that are known to be more fratty/toxic/aggressive/less diverse than others.

Also my family's moving to London and I might consider moving there at some point in the future. I am wondering if anyone has experience with geographical mobility or knows which BBs (out of the ones mentioned above) are most accommodating with relocation.

Thank you so much!

3 Comments
 

Thank you so much! This is such a great response. Took the Citi/BAML offer because of my strong network there! I have been leaning towards them for a very long time any way. Ended up thinking about it as a high impact-low data decision and intuition seemed to be the best way to think about it

 

Est sint temporibus in aspernatur iste alias velit. Perspiciatis soluta et architecto quidem est qui ut. Ut dolores commodi magni dolorum doloribus sit qui eveniet. Sit eius dolorum praesentium molestiae eius. Ut exercitationem magnam modi fuga et soluta pariatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”