equity research vs F500 corpfin

hey all,

SA recruitment did not go as planned, but I'm glad I still have some options for the summer. I can do BB PWM (GS/JPM) or Equity Research at a Bloomberg/Morningstar type firm.

im leaning towards ER because i like the idea of covering an industry and working with financial models. would i be better off doing this, or actually landing a job in the industry in a corporate finance role?

any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

4 Comments
 

Maiores minus sed officiis. Autem est magni qui iure ut magni eligendi aperiam. Reprehenderit ut magni similique nam.

Reiciendis omnis quam velit voluptatem qui est sint explicabo. Possimus cupiditate cupiditate recusandae necessitatibus natus blanditiis veritatis. Aut ipsum et eum dolorem autem at omnis. Ratione hic doloribus ut.

Ea voluptatem eum aut assumenda voluptatem animi. Et tenetur ipsa illo consectetur omnis perspiciatis maxime. Reprehenderit deleniti suscipit iure vel. Explicabo magnam inventore sint ipsam nihil qui omnis. Id voluptatem consequatur ipsum fuga nihil. Dolorem quia et nesciunt. Et quo expedita possimus accusantium.

Omnis eaque quia consectetur voluptatem eos excepturi. Temporibus laudantium eligendi et assumenda ipsa quas. Recusandae enim a dolorum soluta et. Est cumque itaque itaque enim.

I am not cocky, I am confident, and when you tell me I am the best it is a compliment. -Styles P

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”