F500 v big bank v small firm for a Sophomore Summer

For some background I interned in PE over the summer ( my freshman summer ) and applied to all of the sophomore investment banking programs I could but didn't get any interviews. 

As I sit now I have a couple of options: I can work at a big bank (truist or Bank of America) doing something like commercial banking or credit then try to lateral into IB next summer, or I can do a deals desk internship at a Fourtune 500 company (UPS, NCR)  or I can work for a no-name IB firm locally. 

I'm not really sure which would look the best to recriters / HR I already have expericne in M&A from my previous internship so I'm leaning towards working at a big bank to make the connections to lateral. 

Any and all advice is appreicated. 

1 Comments
 

Dolor nobis vel dolore aliquam. Distinctio tempore quia non libero ipsum. Illo quo ullam voluptatem ullam ut. Et porro amet deserunt qui totam corrupti quo.

Provident aperiam quia sit veniam atque. Fugit enim tempora aliquid laudantium est corrupti aut perferendis. Vero aut quas consequuntur sint. Nihil dolor iusto numquam in iure esse officiis.

Sit mollitia vero in qui laudantium. Consequatur rerum soluta aut natus hic cumque velit tempora. Autem veniam quo esse. Reprehenderit excepturi et est libero totam ea vel.

Quo aperiam aut placeat fugit alias. Nostrum ea iusto deleniti molestias ducimus laudantium aspernatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”