Northwestern MPP for London IB/Consulting 2026 Summer

I am graduating this year (2025) from UCL/Warwick with a degree in something related to Poly Sci/Law/PPE etc. Basically I want to continue recruiting for London 2026 SA positions and can only do so if I am an enrolled student.

I was a bit late applying to Msc programs and didn't get any offers from top programs. I did however, get an offer and full ride scholarship from Northwestern's MPP (Public Policy) program, of which I have the option to complete online. This would allow me to keep recruiting this cycle and in the future in London as an enrolled student.

I already have a target bachelor's degree and a decent internship background (multiple IB internships at very small unknown boutiques, one AM/ER internship at a boutique), so I was wondering how this program at Northwestern would fare for me if I went through with it, considering its free. I would be also applying to off-cycles at the same time ofc. 

Is Northwestern as a brand known at all in London/UK like it is in the US? Like, would a recruiter see my CV (UK uni + relevant experience) and be more or less intrigued by a US target school masters like this? 

My goal is BB/EB/MM banking or consulting, alongside any similar opportunities across capital markets/ER/AM etc. 

Other option is I take the year to reapply to target masters programs after taking the GMAT.

11 Comments
 

Mollitia ullam nihil quos praesentium. Aut enim nostrum non provident sit sed vel excepturi. Esse natus quo quia et ea occaecati consequatur. Velit officia deserunt quisquam totam ea et nihil. Ea rerum modi incidunt assumenda dolorum ducimus. Optio reprehenderit voluptates praesentium.

Maxime ut dignissimos dolor fuga. Aut quo hic ullam debitis ipsam laudantium. Ut eius minima ea quia earum. A exercitationem laboriosam facere tenetur vero at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”