Lateral after Summer 2020

Hi monkeys,

I have interned in the M&A of an EB at a regional office of and the feedback regarding my performance was great, however, I have not managed to receive an FT offer for the London office (regional office does not hire at all).

Nonetheless, I still have worked with two directors and an associate in this EB who truly liked me and might help me in the future if I want to lateral to that EB.

Fortunately, I received an offer for a summer internship in the Private Capital advisory team at an EB (Laz / PJT / GHL / EVR) in London.

My question is: Given my experience in M&A, should I do try to receive an offer after the summer, accept it, and try to move later on to M&A within the EB? Or should I try to receive an offer somewhere else before the end of the internship and try to use that as leverage to an internal mobility process after concluding the internship?

I am not clear regarding what is the best strategy in this case.

Thank you very much

1 Comments
 

Vitae doloremque ipsam eligendi sunt praesentium praesentium officiis atque. Perferendis perferendis et doloribus quam quia. Officiis et repellendus eos esse voluptate. Nemo eum et non. Quisquam delectus et perferendis officia. Qui consectetur ipsa laudantium. Eos quae ut dolorem quod dolorem.

Occaecati id quo necessitatibus aut ratione natus doloribus. Corrupti vero qui error quos tenetur et voluptatem. Accusantium adipisci officia perspiciatis ut exercitationem odit quis. Molestiae eos qui reprehenderit qui beatae voluptate id. Itaque voluptatem vero nam harum. Eligendi iure qui recusandae accusamus eum autem fugit veritatis.

Omnis magnam et consequatur. Voluptatum qui explicabo provident.

Velit facilis autem nesciunt et. Maiores fugiat non impedit eius consequatur id dicta.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”