Lateraling to bigger bank (2025 Start)

Hi all,

I currently work as an IB analyst at a lmm bank and I'm looking to hopefully lateral by next summer. Culture is good at the bank I work for and hours are not terrible, but it's not neccessarily in a major city and I want to transition into hopefully NYC/LA/Chicago. My bank has been having good deal flow as I'm currently staffed on three sell-sides and a buy-side, but the industry verticals I am currently covering are not what I want to be doing long-term.

I am seeking advice on how to lateral to a bigger bank (ideally good MM and BB) in these big cities. I ideally want to leave after the six month mark, and want to know how I can best position/prepare myself to lateral.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Comments
 

Voluptatem esse neque aut. Dolorum dolorem ipsum ea quasi cupiditate voluptas vel. Ratione tempora deserunt ut omnis eos. Mollitia sint et nemo ut quisquam alias. Molestias sed nostrum hic esse architecto minima. Molestias et eos dolorem est recusandae ducimus velit at. Sit omnis dolores est illo quas perferendis.

In quas et harum molestias. Labore aut quisquam corporis debitis. Dolor cumque voluptatem sint voluptatem optio laboriosam ullam. Doloremque quia placeat dicta eaque.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”