Lazard vs. Greenhill vs. PWP NYC offers for 2021 SA

I know there are other threads about this but wanted a fresh perspective. In a bit of a unique position--current sophomore at a semi/non-target and am very lucky to have offers from 2 of these 3 places due to accelerated/diversity recruiting: PWP, Greenhill and Lazard for the 2021 SA roles, all for M&A in new york. I know there are other threads regarding this but wanted an update for the outlook of these EBs going forward. I don't think I can accelerate interviews for GS/MS/JPM, and I was rejected at other BBs I applied to (Citi + Barclays early). Evercore has been ghosting me but that interview could've gone better.

Anyway, wanted to ask about recent exits for these places, particularly PWP & GHL because there doesn't seem to be a ton of info of late. LAZ/GHL also seems to have dwindled a bit lately, is this true? And PWP seems to be on the come up but still not sure about exit opportunities. I'm still not 100% sure on what I want to do after ibanking, but I'm pretty sure I see myself doing private equity/possibly growth equity at a MF or UMM shop. Which of these places has the best exit opps and future as a firm? Again, can't accelerate recruiting at the other BBs and I feel like it would be dumb to renege on any of these places, even for MS/JPM/GS. Any thoughts/opinions/concerns are welcome.

Problem is I need to decide within the next 2 weeks due to one of the offers expiring. Any thoughts/opinions/concerns are welcome.

Also an incoming for Summer 2021, so I cannot comment too much on deal flow / exits, but during my recruiting process, I was a very big fan of PWP & Lazard. Lazard's culture seems a bit more uptight / preppy, also it has the reputation for being a sweatier shop / having less pay. PWP's people seem very very geniune, and I was attracted in particular to its fintech desk. Some of my good friends are returning to PWP for FT, and they have nothing but amazing things to say.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”