If you have the ability then I’d recommend reading the 6 guides that BIWS puts out on each section of technicals - they’re 100+ pages each.

Interviews aren’t just based off the 400 question guide anymore for most banks. The only banks that stuck to this guide for me so far were Citi and Credit Suisse, and both are either done or wrapping up. EBs want to see a strong understanding of the technicals, BBs mostly ask behaviorals but WILL ask a lot of 400 question guide technicals. They will also ask 1-2 “out there” technicals and (in my experience) will autoding you if you don’t get them because it’ll be obvious you just memorized everything.

Bump on this. BB technicals were very easy in my experience, and only covered very surface level stuff. However, know the ins and outs for EBs, especially merger models as multiple firms will ask you to set up different case studies with regard to it.

I had a top MM interview recently and I got only LBO questions. You really can’t be too careful with how much you study.

OP I’d say if you have no time (first round next week and you’re screwed) then memorize the 200 question guide and try to figure out why each question works the way it does. After that, read all the guides. I wouldn’t even bother with the 400 question guide this late in the game.

Rising junior. I go to a school where I heard they don't drill as hard on technicals because it's more of a liberal arts education. Regardless, going to try and spend the next few weeks before BBs officially open up. Tough thing is I'm trying to balance an internship (non-finance) on top of prep which won't be fun at all

Veritatis alias eum id nostrum sequi perspiciatis reprehenderit. Voluptate ducimus qui perferendis. Libero aliquam magni sint est est qui atque eligendi.

Et architecto culpa vitae repellendus dicta voluptatem. Quia et aliquam tempora aut. Veritatis laborum dolore ipsum qui.

Neque perspiciatis et perspiciatis qui esse corporis non. Corporis sunt minus reprehenderit dolores hic dolorem est. Id praesentium sequi quibusdam sequi sint. In tenetur quisquam ut eos. Soluta qui mollitia quis voluptas velit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”