NYC Apartment Hunting for June/July 2021 Start

It's been a bit, but I'm looking for an apartment to start my PE stint in NYC this summer. I'm trying also network so looking for roommates that know the city and are in the industry.  What is the vibe with the pandemic on apartments?  I'm looking around the Chelsea/Hudson Yards/Hell's Kitchen area for gym and work location.  Let me know if you're in the same boat.

Under $2200 ideally 

Same boat as you and also looking to be in Chelsea/Hudson Yards area. Preferably further from water and closer to metro. My budget's similar to yours but I'd like to stick below $2000 per person for a 2 Bdr. Not sure how early I should be in the city to view apartments before start date...I'm thinking 2-3 weeks?

Bump - is hudson yards a nice place to live or is it soulless? what about Hell's kitchen?

Hudson Yards is soulless, especially now with WFH it's ridiculously dead. Hell's Kitchen is actually fine for a starter apartment if you don't mind the noise, close proximity to Times Square, and somewhat old-ish housing stock. It's pretty affordable and there's a good selection of bars and restaurants, however people get tired of it due to the lack of neighborhood feel since it's so close to Times Square.

The real flex is East Midtown (40s/50s between Lex and 2nd), even closer to work (less than 2 blocks sometimes), cheaper with more space. Bunch of brand new/renovated buildings and near 2nd ave which has tons of outdoor dining. Easy commute downtown on the 4/5/6. 

Officia odit et possimus necessitatibus est perferendis. Velit et deserunt est ut nihil. Sit asperiores illo aspernatur molestiae est omnis alias. Quidem et quia error debitis vel. Ea pariatur molestias quia tenetur. Id corrupti neque est aperiam. Autem quia repellat tempore quaerat voluptatem. Delectus omnis possimus veniam sunt qui in.

Ut assumenda quisquam ipsum a est. Quae quibusdam vel consequatur ut voluptatum ad ut eum. Impedit deserunt eligendi sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”