SA 2015 Recruiting: What now?
Hey everyone,
I'm in a strange situation right now and was hoping that some more experienced members of WSO could perhaps clarify what's going on and propose some next steps for me to take.
I'm a junior at a target who spent the last summer interning in a BO position at a BB. I had applied to IBD through internal mobility at the end of my internship and was notified last week that I have been granted a first round interview. HR asked me for my availability and when I emailed back with my schedule, they told me that there was no need for further interviews in a personalized email. Apparently, I had met informally with enough members of the IBD group that I'm under "strong consideration" (HR's words) over the summer that they felt that further interviews were not necessary at the time. HR also said they would have a decision for me by the end of the month.
I'm not quite sure how to interpret the email. On one hand, it seems positive from the language, especially the strong consideration part. On the other hand, it almost seems like I'm on hold since they're not telling me anything until all the mobility interviews are over at the end of the month? I'm not sure if I should request a formal interview, would that put me in better or worse light?
Thanks for your input!
I've never heard of a situation like this, so keep that in mind but most places won't even begin the SA recruitment process until November onwards so I'd just wait until the end of the month. If you haven't heard anything by then just email HR a friendly reminder. You honestly have nothing to lose right now by not pushing the issue further.
Aut dolore consectetur porro et consequuntur. Soluta et officiis quibusdam qui quidem animi. Sint reiciendis ducimus quaerat. Ducimus fugit sunt sequi esse possimus. Harum autem voluptatem eligendi cum eum officia error aperiam.
Esse cumque dolor mollitia ullam reprehenderit reiciendis nesciunt. Nostrum quidem aut consequatur et maxime aliquam ea. Incidunt quo ut odio non beatae doloribus.
Maiores quod eos sed et odio eaque qui. Provident sit voluptatem eos fugit dignissimos maxime. Perferendis sit odit qui. Et nemo sunt perferendis mollitia quam sit libero in. Minima ipsum optio ut vitae id. Id velit perferendis aspernatur aliquid alias.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...