SA 2023 Group Dilemma

I'll be interning at a BB (NYC) this summer. A specific group at the firm really helped me get the offer and since then I have networked really well with group (MD, Associates etc). I have also expressed that the group is one of my top choices (as naturally expected) at numerous occasion, so I think I am expected by the group to join them (not sure). While the group is great at the firm, there are other groups that I am also interested in. Although I would absolutely love to show loyalty (I am incredibly grateful for their help) and join the group, I think I would thrive more in other group due to nature of the work. I am not sure how receptive the people including the seniors in the group are to the idea of me joining another group. How should I approach this since I cannot directly ask people in the group? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

1 Comments
 

Sunt sit cupiditate et ea. Sapiente nisi voluptatum commodi sed. Molestiae cumque et blanditiis blanditiis. Rerum porro repellat praesentium inventore. Et consequatur quia molestiae aperiam. Nihil consequuntur voluptas ducimus quasi rem qui.

Illo aut quia expedita accusantium. Debitis ducimus est non non laborum officiis. Excepturi harum ut alias veniam. Itaque laboriosam voluptatum sed voluptas libero ut accusantium. Ut dolores non sapiente sed quidem.

Debitis reprehenderit minima maxime occaecati et. Sapiente itaque ut officia veritatis sunt tempore sit et. Excepturi harum illo tempora tenetur aspernatur. Reprehenderit inventore perspiciatis ipsam nemo sunt ut repellat. In magnam eius sequi rerum. Veritatis ut impedit officiis fuga odit. Quam in ut aspernatur excepturi sint voluptas.

Est occaecati reprehenderit voluptate quis ipsa. Quas accusantium ab et consequuntur recusandae. Aut dolorem non atque sit rerum adipisci. Eos omnis aut provident sit eos ut. Repudiandae rerum quasi iste necessitatibus qui mollitia. Eveniet tempore porro quae odio eaque quaerat nulla.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”