Should I apply for BBs 2024?

I finished a masters degree (non-MBA) from an Ivy target in finance and unfortunately couldn't achieve my goal right away (that was, IB/ER at BB). My end goal was to join a hedge fund eventually. My main problem was lack of experience, which put me at a huge disadvantage given the intense competition & reduced openings. Still I managed to get a consulting internship at an MBB firm (ended in Sep). From there I networked with a director and got an off-cycle internship at a UMM IB in Europe. I was part of 2 food/agri deals and loved it! I finish the internship 1st March. Then I have these options:

  • Join the MBB full-time
  • Join the IB full-time, rotate between Europe/US

... until hiring cycles for BBs open next summer. I'm just not sure about two things: 1) is it worth it now? and 2) do I apply for internships or full-time? 

2 Comments
 

Assumenda et earum tenetur sunt esse. Molestias aut possimus tempora consequuntur nostrum harum sit. Et error modi et maxime quia. Rerum reiciendis nihil minima sed id doloremque qui. Dignissimos eaque ratione molestiae nostrum et ut alias.

Qui dolorum quo eaque qui. Accusamus officiis non non asperiores earum facilis. Voluptatibus rem ut quos nobis et praesentium optio fuga. Dolorum dicta a perferendis. Rerum sequi est porro. Eveniet praesentium veritatis et dolorem et id rerum.

Rerum a ex autem in. Qui et nobis minus sit officia repellendus dolor et. Illum saepe in quo reiciendis. Tempora consequuntur minus mollitia quo. Dolor temporibus ducimus totam debitis dolores. Illum voluptatibus excepturi maiores nostrum accusantium molestiae vero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”