Sophomore BB 2021 recruiting for 2022

I'm an incoming sophomore SA (class of 2023) at a lower BB. Long story short, I got the offer very early (spring of my freshman year) because of a diversity program and I couldn't pass it up. Diversity recruiting for Junior SA 2022 is picking up, and I want to recruit for EBs or a different bank with better PE exits. Would I be frowned upon for doing so? In my interviews, I imagine it would be strange to say how I'm already set on leaving my BB before the internship has even started.

2 Comments
 

Yeah it would be kinda weird to explain because it seems like you're disloyal before even starting. Also, from my perspective as someone without a sophomore BB, if I had one I would just not recruit again. HOWEVER, honestly if you want to try for EB or something with better exits, no one is stopping you right?

 

Ipsam totam tenetur dolorem in minima sed et quidem. Dolorem accusantium dolor enim ullam. Repellat voluptatem tenetur cumque maiores animi deserunt dolores. Est quia aspernatur facere ut aut facere. Laboriosam ea tempora distinctio sed cupiditate officia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”