Summer Internship 2014 - M&A

Hi all,

As a third year business undergraduate student in Europe I'm willing to do an internship next summer. I know I'm late as major banks and EBs have already finished interviewing but I spent my last semester applying for off-cycle internships (I secured an offer in Asset Management and will start next January for 6 months).
I really would like to discover the M&A sector though an internship but I'm also open to other opportunities.
My goal is to gain experience and to add another big name on my CV before applying for masters degrees.

Do you know which banks/companies are still recruiting/going to start the application process soon?

Thanks a lot for your help!

10 Comments
 

In Europe, penultimate year = third year and not fourth. He means that he missed the FT recruitment season, which is true.

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."
 

I'm enrolled in a 4-year program and will graduate in June 2015. What I was saying is that most of the students from my university got their SA offers for London (both S&T and M&A).

 
Jadwa

I'm enrolled in a 4-year program and will graduate in June 2015.
What I was saying is that most of the students from my university got their SA offers for London (both S&T and M&A).

which is generally not correct because many BBs didn't do even their first AC (at least for London office) for example, MS

 
Best Response
animalz Jadwa:

I'm enrolled in a 4-year program and will graduate in June 2015.
What I was saying is that most of the students from my university got their SA offers for London (both S&T and M&A).

which is generally not correct because many BBs didn't do even their first AC (at least for London office)
for example, MS

Several of my friends have had an AC (for IBD and S&T) at MS already.... (London office)

 

Inventore aut quod sunt perferendis consequatur consequuntur expedita. Culpa hic sit ea. Magni et et nulla mollitia consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”