“I had a very positive experience with my mentor and I am truly grateful for the time, support, and guidance they provided throughout our sessions. From the very beginning, my mentor was extremely kind, approachable, and available, which made it easy to communicate openly, ask questions, and discuss both my goals and uncertainties about the next steps in my career.
One of the most valuable parts of the mentoring experience was the work we did together on my LinkedIn profile. We essentially rebuilt and improved it from scratch, carefully going through my previous experiences, skills, and achievements and discussing how to present them in a clearer and more effective way. My mentor helped me understand how important it is to have a strong and well-structured LinkedIn profile and how to use it to communicate my strengths, professional interests, and career goals. The feedback and practical suggestions I received were extremely useful, and I now feel much more confident about how I present myself professionally online.
Beyond my LinkedIn profile, I particularly appreciated the practical tips and honest advice my mentor shared with me about how to approach the next steps in my career. The guidance was not limited to improving my online presence, but also helped me think more strategically about where I want to go and how I can get there. I received valuable suggestions on how to position myself, what aspects of my profile to focus on, and how to approach future opportunities more effectively.
Another aspect I appreciated was my mentor’s willingness to listen and adapt the conversations to my specific needs. I never felt that the sessions were generic or simply followed a predefined structure. Instead, the discussions were tailored to my situation, which made the advice much more relevant and actionable. My mentor was patient when explaining things, encouraging when I had doubts, and constructive when pointing out areas where I could improve.
Overall, this mentoring experience gave me both practical tools and greater confidence in taking the next steps in my professional journey. I came away with a significantly improved LinkedIn profile, a clearer understanding of how to communicate my experience and strengths, and a better idea of how to approach my future career development.
I would definitely recommend this mentor to anyone looking for someone who is supportive, knowledgeable, and genuinely invested in helping others grow. Their kindness, availability, and practical approach made the experience extremely valuable, and I am very grateful for all the time and effort they dedicated to helping me.”
They sent out first rounds yesterday, they're scheduled for EOW or beginning next week depending on availability
well looks like I got dinged damn. Good luck!
You never know man keep your hopes up
did you network with the team?
Yeah my uncle is a VP there
What school u go to? No one from my school has received yet
Probably a stupid question but do banks normally only send out one wave of first round interviews? Or are there multiple? Just asking because I am behind on recruiting and wondering if it is worth it to keep networking.
I know UofT, Queens (I think), and Ivey's first rounds are out, but is anyone here from McMaster, UBC who has heard back?
.
Are you sure McMaster is out?
Queens superdays are out
Can anyone confirm if UBC / McMaster is out?
doesn’t look like anyone from there is replying to the previous same question. Maybe try reaching out to contacts at your school that also applied. Good luck
Superday or first round ?
Anyone know if TD western supers are out?
Anyone from McGill got superday?
Haven’t heard back yet - was told would hear Sunday/Monday
Lmk when u hear back
Any news on ivey supers?
Sequi fugit nisi velit tempore rerum est nam. Voluptatibus reprehenderit tempora mollitia consectetur veritatis. Ipsum sed aut quidem possimus consequatur commodi beatae. Sequi sit distinctio perspiciatis ex eligendi harum.
Iusto iste facere eum optio ea. Architecto iure tenetur quia qui. Magni sint consequatur tenetur. Minus deserunt ut ducimus nesciunt et sapiente. Neque voluptatem architecto qui reprehenderit id.
Non est quibusdam corporis vero sed autem. Rem dolorem ipsa neque dolor iure culpa rerum. Voluptas sed quos aut et consequuntur.
Nemo beatae modi est quia ut. Sed quis velit vero unde excepturi ea. Sed perspiciatis quos voluptatem voluptatem ut. Quibusdam cumque laboriosam expedita necessitatibus.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...