84 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Summer: intern at regional office EB.

FT: Recruited at NYC EBs and MF PE analyst roles, ultimately signed with MF

From my understanding of the process, the best time to reach out to people was about 4-5 weeks left in the summer internship. Realistically, it's when you have enough experience to justify wanting to switch banks/groups without being too late and missing the boat for interviews. For two of the banks I targeted, I got put on the FT interview shortlist after just one phone call and the analyst/associate I was speaking with told me there was no need to reach out and network further; HR would just reach out for an interview.

I went back and forth about reaching out to people before the summer started, ultimately decided not to except for an analyst that I had a very strong connection to. (ended up being an 2 hour coffee chat about recruiting and the group and what not). However, he recommended I wait until halfway through the internship to start networking.

The process for interviewing moved incredibly fast. I'm talking phone interview + superday + offer in a 72 hour window the week after all the summer interns finished.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”