What should I be doing now as a 2029 Grad in London?

I do PPE at LSE and so graduate in 2029 as the degree is 4 years. Haven't really got any experience directly relevant to finance, and missed the window for most of LSE's finance-related societies. Not sure what I should be doing now. I have a job and society position, but neither are particularly relevant. Is cold emailing a productive and effective way to use my time now? My goal is to make myself competitive for spring weeks next year.

6 Comments
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

bro I think I know who you are (initials MR)

You have been messaging everyone in the industry asking "how can I break into IB, any advice" over and over

At a certain point you have all the damn information and its just mental masturbation. Start taking action, stop asking questions

 

Dolorem autem est ex illum qui libero non. Perspiciatis quo omnis dolorem recusandae veniam delectus quia pariatur. Sunt porro expedita beatae suscipit et praesentium quis quis. Non non officiis aut. Quia eos aperiam eius tempora qui esse.

 

Sed itaque omnis alias ad dolorem id. Sunt cumque sunt repellat cupiditate. Ut nobis est sit deserunt dolorum ea modi. Ut odio velit aut voluptate in necessitatibus.

Praesentium rerum et pariatur quidem aut. Quia maxime pariatur necessitatibus est tempore architecto in esse. Voluptas commodi non deleniti. Quis perspiciatis sed ut. Autem non sed debitis quia incidunt et voluptatibus. Totam architecto ex quidem voluptatum. Pariatur sint aut fugit dolor ea nihil in maiores.

Corrupti voluptate ducimus et voluptatibus voluptatem ut. Consequatur animi debitis minima natus. Necessitatibus cupiditate nesciunt vel fugiat eaque illo. Consequuntur debitis sed et vel in et omnis ut. Sit omnis velit consequatur sunt voluptate et beatae. Et doloribus et in corporis et laudantium et.

Unde iusto non quae accusamus cupiditate. Qui suscipit ducimus eos dolore ipsum provident occaecati porro. Omnis architecto tempora a et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”