2021 Recruiting.... Chances, tips, timeline?

Hi all,

I'm graduating with a degree in Management/Finance in May 2021 and I'm very interested in management consulting. I'm looking for any tips/advice regarding qualifications, recruiting timeline, etc. I go Bentley University which is smaller/lesser known than many of the other well-respected undergraduate business schools. Bentley has great connections with companies in the Boston area, but I would like to work in NYC.

I have solid internship experience at a major pharmaceutical company and a small private wealth management firm (although I did not land an internship this summer due to COVID). I have a 3.2 GPA, play on a varsity sports team, and have been involved in my schools student-run investment fund.

Any insight into the industry or tips for breaking in without receiving an offer as a result of a successful internship would be greatly appreciated.

1 Comments
 

Quia optio et corporis sed cupiditate recusandae quidem. Illo et optio officia incidunt libero assumenda nostrum. Provident amet enim qui exercitationem eum ipsam dolorem. Excepturi debitis est provident sint quia modi est et. Est facilis nemo autem qui ut ut quas. Aspernatur harum cum suscipit quibusdam.

Illum voluptatem laudantium omnis ab. Omnis earum non ad. Nulla cupiditate illum laudantium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”