250+ rejections

I am about to graduate from a decent semi-target uni with a likely high 2.1 and just super lost at this point. I have had over 250 rejections from grad roles, internships, off-cycles and just super unsure at this point. I have done 2 relevant summer internships in the summer of 2023 and 2024 and am likely going to take a year out doing a level of the cfa. I am probs going to continue applying to off cycles (looks bleak rn) and grad roles for 2026 when they open in august/sept. 

I'd appreciate any advice on what I should do in the mean time! 

2 Comments
 

Aut doloremque nobis aliquid id maxime rerum tempora quae. Dignissimos qui iure rerum natus.

Et omnis deserunt debitis sed similique facilis. Ullam cum quis commodi aliquam reprehenderit. Qui voluptas voluptates ut et incidunt eum enim aut.

Qui omnis iste illo harum aliquid iste. Sunt aut animi officia quisquam repellendus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”