F100 Operations or Boutique AM firm: Freshman Target

It's my first time posting on WSO and I'm stuck between two options for the summer. I am a freshman economics major at a target school (elite southern) and I am choosing between working operations at a F100 company with a large financial/commodities division (group where I would work ops) versus a boutique Asset Management firm (20 people) with ~$600mm AUM, but where I would work with the management and do financial analysis.

Which one should I choose? My goal is to enter I-Banking or S&T as a SA/FT analyst in the future.

3 Comments
 

Aspernatur aspernatur et reprehenderit. Quaerat cum voluptas omnis vero. Vitae aperiam a iure amet omnis.

Qui est eum aut enim enim. Quasi quas aut in dignissimos fugit ut blanditiis assumenda. Minus autem qui tenetur.

Veniam omnis temporibus dicta asperiores ea sit. Perferendis corrupti tempore quasi aut molestias. Vel autem eos velit nihil quo velit. Temporibus molestias asperiores incidunt vel quisquam minus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”