Summer Internship 2025

Hi, 

I am a little confused what to do next. 

I am a student from a non-target university in the UK seeking to break into sell-side.

I managed to secure an internship in Business Tax in Big4 this summer (The office specialises in HNW individuals and assisting deals). 

I am also currently preparing for my GMAT Focus. I have bought the resource packs and am sticking to a study plan. I am planning on pursuing a 2-year masters at a European target (Assuming my GMAT meets the cut). 

I have a few questions: 

1) Where should I be focusing my efforts for next summer for something with a medium-high probability of working, whilst bettering my situation? 
(For this, I think I should give a little context: Placement year in statistics, president of finance soc, intern at Big4, lots of extra-curriculars, first class degree etc).

2) Should I be putting any effort into securing something outside the UK? (I have only a UK passport). 

Thank you for taking the time to read this! 


 

1 Comments
 

Non quis eos totam sed expedita. Corporis et dolor consequatur commodi omnis atque. Quibusdam aut a molestias id modi culpa facilis.

Ea quis nostrum sed. Praesentium in in exercitationem quia commodi dicta. Tenetur possimus ut voluptatibus doloremque provident. Totam tempore ut commodi ea et. Sit qui blanditiis magni id corrupti.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”