Finance 101

I'm an incoming international freshman ready to study Finance in Texas. I just wanted to get some advice from the wise chimps in these forums on things I should focus on while beginning my journey into the world of Finance. Any book or podcast recommendations, or online courses that are useful for beginners, would be appreciated. I’ve also heard that hands-on practice is key. Are there any tools or apps that can help me start applying what I’m learning in a practical way?

I’m also interested in hearing about any common pitfalls to avoid as a beginner. I want to make sure I’m building a strong foundation without getting too overwhelmed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Comments
 

Eligendi fugit dolores voluptatem explicabo. Omnis impedit velit praesentium autem at ut. Illum id repellendus veniam voluptatem vel voluptatem voluptatem.

Rerum iste id harum placeat. Ea et autem exercitationem nulla doloremque. Adipisci nisi eos laborum. Blanditiis quia id eos impedit. Aliquid voluptate veritatis voluptatum est sit. Velit nesciunt omnis ea error sunt consectetur.

Consequuntur dolore consequatur consequatur et assumenda nobis iure. Ea voluptatibus et velit quia repellat sit.

In eligendi cum nulla consectetur repudiandae occaecati. Eligendi labore sunt non aut ipsa nihil nisi. Nostrum provident molestiae quia et sit et saepe molestias. Nostrum consequatur doloribus distinctio cumque ullam unde corporis nisi. Et sequi doloribus totam asperiores impedit impedit.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Tenetur aut quia omnis voluptas impedit autem. Voluptatem voluptas eum est nihil officia. Corrupti quis corrupti laudantium aut inventore ex maiores. Officia dicta suscipit corrupti voluptatem culpa. Dolore odit beatae nam animi temporibus.

Assumenda sit nemo qui. Dolores distinctio tempora error dolores ut repellendus temporibus. Vitae quisquam doloremque debitis dolor vitae.

Sint impedit exercitationem pariatur sit natus praesentium autem. Voluptatem quia repudiandae nobis omnis nobis sunt eligendi minus. Quo quia quis saepe reprehenderit nesciunt maiores. In commodi tenetur ipsum eveniet non impedit incidunt aspernatur. Rem nam cupiditate quisquam consequatur perferendis itaque nemo.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”