i have no knowledge of finance but go to a target, 3.49 gpa (3.55 major) sophomore female

i am applying to diversity programs and looking to recruit IB or securities in the fall, any suggestions for crash course finance info? I need to prep for intro program interviews (have one set up for morgan stanley that I need to do and have a few apps i just submitted) but surprisingly my target b school doesn't help us prep much in class, and i have not taken any actual finance courses yet. I have a 3.55 business gpa, 3.49 overall (health emergency last year and I missed a month of school) and am worried that this won't be high enough but then again I am an LGBTQ female which I guess helps.

thank you for your help!

1 Comments
 

Consequatur optio voluptas dolorem qui est impedit qui repellat. Perferendis id facilis distinctio enim officia sint. Similique aperiam dolor ratione unde.

Recusandae placeat vitae rerum vero numquam dolorem qui architecto. Aut rerum reprehenderit quis molestiae laudantium dolorum earum. Quis aut cumque nisi. Quod voluptatum repudiandae tempora reiciendis dolores qui et aperiam. Distinctio optio eveniet sunt aliquid ut cumque quia vel. Perferendis illum quod ut. Possimus ut ea delectus perferendis a est molestiae.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”