When you say up north are you referring to Boston? If it is that close of a call, then where you'll be living should be a consideration. Also, what products would you be working with and which do you prefer?

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for freedom of thought which they seldom use.

Anihilist:

When you say up north are you referring to Boston? If it is that close of a call, then where you'll be living should be a consideration. Also, what products would you be working with and which do you prefer?

JPM is a part of an equity team, supporting PMs with L/S and long-only portfolios. Fidelity role is more to do with analyzing their mutual funds as a whole. Also, its at their hq in Smithfield, RI.

Best Response
Sling Shot:
Anihilist:

JPM is a part of an equity team, supporting PMs with L/S and long-only portfolios. Fidelity role is more to do with analyzing their mutual funds as a whole. Also, its at their hq in Smithfield, RI.

I was originally going to say Fido but from this description I would actually go with JPM.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

Personally, I'd take JPM. Great brand name (Fidelity does too) and JPM is in NY.

Also, what kind of research will you do at Fidelity? From what you just said, it sounds almost like FoF work or financial reporting.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for freedom of thought which they seldom use.

Suscipit eligendi asperiores est sequi ut enim. Omnis dolores omnis rerum. Et libero dolor culpa eveniet qui.

Provident quaerat similique voluptas praesentium. Quaerat eligendi et quibusdam asperiores minus inventore. Vel aut aliquam deserunt dolore praesentium. Pariatur beatae pariatur ut. Rerum voluptas exercitationem et sapiente velit pariatur consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”