2011 Waste Book - Government proflegate spending in action

I want the government to increase my taxes to help those in need. Or to get flushed down the drain in government waste. This is an annual report put together by Senator Coburn detailing wasteful spending at its finest. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Before one single cent is taken from a hardworking American, this bullshit waste needs to be eliminated.

Read it and weep.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=F…

7 Comments
 

"As much as $1 billion or more in tax credits for energy efficient residential improvements are being claimed by individuals with no record of owning a home, including prisoners and underage children."

Read through the report, I think the first list is just to showcase the exceptionally absurd. More than a few with pretty hefty sums deserve a "How in the hell did you spend that much?", while others clearly merit a more concise, yet equally emphatic, "What the shit?".

 

Yes, the number is higher than the $250 MM I quoted (I had only added the ones mentioned in the table of contents). It's still not going to move the needle much considering the size of the government and economy.

Having said that, there is quite a bit of fat in there and I suppose if you put financial pressure on the gov't some of these would get scrapped.

Having gone through the list, I'd be more concerned about the potential level of fraud that these items imply rather than just the absolute numbers involved. It's not as bad as many countries overseas, but I would have expected people to go to court for some of these items.

 

Aut non et et aperiam. Similique aut corporis minus perspiciatis. Mollitia cum repudiandae qui velit ea debitis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”