Saw Star Trek last night. Really enjoyed that one. Next on my list I'll probably go see The Internship. Have you seen that one yet?

Of course I'm waiting with bated breath on Man of Steel and Ender's Game (not summer)

I almost went to go see The Purge instead, but some friends of mine saw it andwere iffy about it. I was excited for Hangover III, but word of mouth painted it as a more serious movie than its predecessors, which made it a non-starter for me.

Dying's For Fools:

Saw Star Trek last night. Really enjoyed that one. Next on my list I'll probably go see The Internship. Have you seen that one yet?

Of course I'm waiting with bated breath on Man of Steel and Ender's Game (not summer)

I almost went to go see The Purge instead, but some friends of mine saw it andwere iffy about it. I was excited for Hangover III, but word of mouth painted it as a more serious movie than its predecessors, which made it a non-starter for me.

I didn't think it was any more serious than the first two. I enjoyed it.

I like how Doug said like five lines all three movies. They tried to give him lines in the first one and nobody liked him, so he became to go-to kidnapped guy.

Dying's For Fools:

Yes, saw the Internship. It was pretty good. I would say entertaining is the right adjective to use, but not the genius that was Wedding Crashers.

Some great lines, and look for an awesome Will Ferrell cameo. It was a little slow at some points.

Man of Steel and Ender's Game are also on my list of must-sees. Also want to see Mud.

Saw The Purge last night... TOTAL disappointment. Movie had such potential to be a great, thought provoking piece of work and instead was kind of garbage. It did bring in over 13x it's original cost of production though so if Platinum Dunes were a public company I'd definitely long it.

"Yes. Money has been a little bit tight lately, but at the end of my life, when I'm sitting on my yacht, am I gonna be thinking about how much money I have? No. I'm gonna be thinking about how many friends I have and my children and my comedy albums."

Looking forward to "2 Guns" with Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington.

I have "Hammer of the Gods" that comes out in July already and planning on watching it this week. I liked "The Vikings" TV show on History channel and it seems pretty similar to that.

Honestly, this summer seems pretty damn weak for movies...

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

yeahright:

I have "Hammer of the Gods" that comes out in July already and planning on watching it this week. I liked "The Vikings" TV show on History channel and it seems pretty similar to that.

I fckin love Mark Wahlberg, almost as much as I

DaisukiDaYo:
yeahright:

I fckin love Mark Wahlberg, almost as much as I <3 Tom Cruise and Leo DiCaprio.

With you on that, Leonardo Dicaprio is gold.

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

Little Engine Would:

Thoughts on Cloud Atlas?

It's definitely interesting and neat to see how everything ties together, but at the end of the movie I realized I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends or watch it again. If you aren't paying for it and you don't have better stuff, then watch it, but I'm sure you can find better.

Was pretty disappointed by Star Trek. As a non-Trekkie, I loved the first one, but this one was so mashed together, and they tried to fit too much in the final 45 minutes of the movie. Was kind of stupid.

Interested to see The Internship, Man of Steel, and still haven't seen Iron Man 3.

The Purge sounds great, but I could see how it would be bad. A bit of a bummer. Will probably watch it once it's online.

RedSox212:

Was pretty disappointed by Star Trek. As a non-Trekkie, I loved the first one, but this one was so mashed together, and they tried to fit too much in the final 45 minutes of the movie. Was kind of stupid.

Interested to see The Internship, Man of Steel, and still haven't seen Iron Man 3.

The Purge sounds great, but I could see how it would be bad. A bit of a bummer. Will probably watch it once it's online.

I enjoyed Iron Man 3, but they REALLY milked the new snap-on suit tech that Tony came up with. Like every other scenario centered around that.

Little Engine Would:
RedSox212:

I enjoyed Iron Man 3, but they REALLY milked the new snap-on suit tech that Tony came up with. Like every other scenario centered around that.

Also the villain storyline idea was cool, but for me really didn't work.

Best Response
hunter25:

Also the villain storyline idea was cool, but for me really didn't work.

I agree. I'm not a comic book geek, but decided to look up the villain after seeing the movie and they dropped the ball. If they would have stuck a bit closer to the comic book they could have really made it interesting. Also, the end was just Hollywood cheese and partly ruined an otherwise entertaining movie.

Ender's Game looks great. Will certainly see Star Trek and Man of Steel.

I also saw Hangover 3 and the new iteration of Fast and Furious. I would actually recommend seeing Fast and Furious over Hangover. Both were entertaining in their own right, but F&F was wholly entertaining, save for some of the over the top action sequences. Good cast, good chemistry and a movie worth seeing in a theater. Hangover on the other hand could easily be experienced at home.

Sucks to hear the less than stellar review for The Purge. I thought that was a pretty awesome concept and could have been a really neat movie. I will still check it out, but will probably wait for Red Box.

RIPD could have some potential, but it looks like a script rewrite of Men In Black. The Wolverine will probably be worth a theater watch, as well as, Kick-Ass 2.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Watched Furious 6 and The Internship this weekend and honestly loved both.

Furious had some of the sickest action scenes I've ever seen and it gave you exactly what you'd expect, and probably want, from a F&F movie: sick car scenes, hot girls, a decent enough story that you don't lose interest.

The Internship was hilarious. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are just so damn good together. There were defintely some stretches in terms of plausible situations, and they played up the whole "old people don't know tech" thing a bit too much, but I still thought it was great.

Saw Star Trek was just ok, enjoyed the first one alot better. Really looking forward to Man of Steel and Kevein Hart's movie Let Me Explain( even though it is a stand up).

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen." - JP Morgan

Vel ut rerum soluta. Rerum modi perspiciatis voluptas est eum. Eius maxime sunt inventore sapiente delectus ratione ex. Non inventore aut ut id facere ipsum iste.

Sed consequatur vitae possimus ut similique qui. Quo illum perspiciatis et. Sed vel explicabo officiis.

Eligendi qui eaque autem animi aliquid excepturi vitae eligendi. Non cum deleniti illo quam aut qui at a. Velit aut optio deleniti aut reiciendis laborum. Nobis excepturi et fugiat nemo deserunt officiis. Sunt vero maiores accusantium cumque voluptas aliquid nulla illo. Repellat adipisci laboriosam aperiam nam quis sed enim.

Voluptatibus aut omnis velit et distinctio. A aperiam et soluta sed similique. In sit quidem quia eligendi quis vel aliquam. Et sequi rerum quis repudiandae. Vel facere aut autem magnam dicta.

Dolorem ex mollitia velit maiores est. Non tenetur deserunt tempora sed et. Reprehenderit error cupiditate nesciunt exercitationem dicta quis veniam. Delectus aut iste corporis ut quas et ea. Fuga et aspernatur in qui.

Voluptas veniam corporis repudiandae facilis quos dolores ab nostrum. Ipsa voluptas velit ut aut sed et nam.

Autem et dolor cum adipisci. Eum incidunt officiis labore eius. Sint natus qui at sed possimus architecto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”