Cannot decide where to live this summer (2017) - suggestions please.

Perhaps the epitome of a "first world problem", I cannot decide where to live this summer.

A bit of background, I'm rather fortunate to do most of my work remotely, and have "resided" in 17 countries in the past 5 years. ("resided" as in, lived for more than 2 months). Looking back, yes, I might've foregone the typical corporate drudgery of analyst - associate - vp - md, but I would do it the same all over again - the experience is priceless.

Anyways, I need some suggestions. I'm a history buff and enjoy extreme outdoor activities . Not too big into clubs/bars, more of a discreet high-end lounge type of guy.

Below are a few criteria: - must have working, reliable internet - maximum of +/- 6 hour differential from New York time - should have nice weather from June-Aug (no colder than 50-60 at night) - have females who are easy on the eyes - hassle-free tourist Visa for US Citizens (i.e. no Russia or Bolivia, etc)

I have a few places in mind, but would love to hear your experiences for cities/countries.

Thanks guys.

1 Comments
 

Sit saepe alias quod accusantium qui tempore. Non et ut omnis qui aut rerum eum dolor.

GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”