[Housing/Roommates] Chicago 2023

Anyone looking for roommates for SA23 in Chicago? Any good areas? Any suggestions for finding subleases (e.g., ways to contact surrounding university students for sublease, etc.)? Thank you in advance.

Check out local UIC, DePaul, Loyola, and UChicago student Facebook groups for subleasing. Cool neighborhoods that aren’t too far are: Fulton Market, River North, Old Town, and Lincoln Park.

Yeah man I’ve been living in one of the neighborhoods mentioned above for almost 3 years now since I go to school here. None of these places are war zones but Lincoln park is a huge step up in terms of safety, I can walk around the area alone at 3am and be safe whereas you have to be careful in the other places. Especially river north

Most Helpful

Yeah definitely dont live close to UIC. Not very safe relative to other options, and just generally not a fun place to live.  

If Cost is Not an Issue

I think most people will opt to live in River North / River West / the Loop if they dont have a car and want to be as close as possible to work. That said, these locations command a premium.

Best Locations further from work (good value play and areas known for being safe) 

For less expensive options, look further north, which is even safer and comes in at lower rent costs. I would recommend Old town (great if you like to have 10+ popping bars in close proximity), Lincoln park (more expensive but family oriented and quite and chill) or lakeview (furthest from your office but full of young people with a decent social scene and also quite safe). 

The advice is as general and risk adverse as possible. If you want more specifics or want feedback on a specific rate or location, lmk, happy to help.

Source: Chicago local

Would agree with all of the above except I would not live in Lakeview, too far from every other neighborhood aside from Wrigleyville and commuting can be a biotch from up there (speaking from experience). Also the social scene really isn't great, 80% of the good bars for those aged 21-25 are in Old Town and Lincoln Park. 

Respectfully, I disagree. Also speaking from experience, I have commuted while working 60-70 hours per week from Lakeview, limited issues. If you are on the west side, jump on the Brown line. If you are on the east side (more likely than not) you are somewhat reliant on the buses, which while effective, can come somewhat inconsistently (they always arrive, just with a 5-10 minute variance). 

I think that you are definitely further from Old Town, but there are TONs of early 20s professionals going out in Lakeview (especially in the Wrigley area). Sure, Old Town and even West Loop may be more popular given closer proximity to the office, but ubers arent that expensive coming from either area. 

Sequi nostrum in aut. Distinctio quia eum deserunt illo possimus laborum. Recusandae consequatur ipsam dolorum necessitatibus quis.

Sunt nihil reprehenderit corporis quia qui. Consequuntur eveniet corrupti dicta ut. Ut deleniti voluptatem repellat ad occaecati nam. Inventore veniam nisi et accusamus voluptas architecto.

Impedit earum maiores quia consectetur assumenda sunt. Eligendi quaerat nemo doloremque quia placeat facere qui dolores. Est quibusdam quis velit iusto. Dolore illum dignissimos et libero perferendis esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”