IB/IM Dilemma
Hey guys,
Never posted anything here but I’ve been following the site for a little over three years now, first two years were mostly lurking. I’m in a bit of a dilemma and want to seek all monkeys out for some career advice. So, I’m a recent graduate, went through the recruiting process late fall last year and early spring this year (mixed of IB and IM.) Landed a couple of offers (all IM, no IB) and decided to go with a $10-20B fund (think private foundation /trust /fund of fund/ endowment/ etc.), on the private investments side.
I received an email today from the HR contact of a bank (top 10 by assets) asking if I am in the market or still interested in the position I interviewed with them back in Dec/Jan. It was down between another applicant and me at the time. They've recently decided to add another member to the team so HR reached out to me.
I would feel really shi**y about jumping ship so shortly after I started, at the same time honestly want to take the position - it was my first choice back then. Really don’t know if I should and how to present the situation to my boss if that's the case…
I understand I’m being completed vague about everything but I can’t really disclose anything further without exposing myself. Colleagues are active members of this site too. Any advice would be genuinely appreciated.
At the end of the day it's your career. If the new opportunity is the one you want try to get it.
Aliquid est quo voluptates eos tenetur. Sunt aut aliquam maiores qui id voluptatem. Voluptatem ea quo optio quis quisquam. Doloribus distinctio autem quibusdam perspiciatis.
Reiciendis in repudiandae modi in similique. Reprehenderit ut quam iusto voluptatem aut voluptatem. Ipsum adipisci accusantium impedit.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...