NY Times: U.S. Added 431,000 Jobs in May

So as this article, points out, only 41,000 jobs were created in May. But as anyone can tell you, the real unemployment rate is over ten percent because we don't count most of the college grads who don't have jobs. 8 million people lost their jobs in this recession so we need another (8M/41K) 195 months or 16 years of stunning growth like this!

When will the boning cease?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/05/business/econom…

I think we end down 100 points on continued Euorpean fears (i.e. Hungarian economy, Span, and Greece). I remain cautiously bullish despite what I think will continue to be a difficult global economic environment for the next 6-12 months. My biggest concern is all of the remaining outstanding floating debt, which will adversely affect US homeowners and corporate borrowers as interest rates eventually rise. Unemployment will creep back towards 10% but I think consumer spending will pick up over the next 2 quarters.

I'm covering my shorts by this afternoon, like Balbasur mentioned.

Jack: They’re all former investment bankers who were laid off from that economic crisis that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have zero real world skills, but God they work hard. -30 Rock

deltahedge:
'Grats on the short positions revsly must have made some decent dough.

Thanks, I can't complain, I've been lucky enough to be on the right side of a lot of the big moves this year.

Jack: They’re all former investment bankers who were laid off from that economic crisis that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have zero real world skills, but God they work hard. -30 Rock

was down 5% last month and am up already 12% this month, had a fairly large position in DOG i was actually going to close out yesterday because i didnt want it to deteriorate. because if friday (today) was positive that would create three green candle sticks on the daily chart and may signal a reversal pattern. i also figured todays jobs report would be good so more than likely it would have been a green friday but for some for some reason i decided not to close out my inverse ETF, so today i am really happy because i listened to my gut and held

Et officiis nihil repudiandae ut. Est nihil tempore delectus nobis. Ut dignissimos voluptas maiores enim et impedit ut impedit. Distinctio corrupti laboriosam hic vitae voluptatem magnam aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”