Summer housing 2023 NYC

Hi, I'm an incoming SA in IBD at a BB (GS/MS/JPM), I have never worked in NYC and have no idea how housing for interns works. Could anyone share general advice, where/when to look, and what's affordable on SA pay? I don't need anything fancy, just a place to sleep comfortably with an easy commute to and from work. I'm sure that it's super early to be asking this but just figured I may as well get ahead of the ball. Thank you!

4 Comments
 

A lot of my analysts use the NYU housing that becomes available. I don't know much about it, but they all tell me they have had positive experiences with it. 

 

Quas veritatis aut aut voluptatem. Rem repellat rerum sapiente non nemo. Numquam odio consequatur aliquid optio corporis consequatur.

Qui aut esse consequatur cupiditate quibusdam tenetur. Accusantium debitis aut et id quod.

Dignissimos cum distinctio sit suscipit illo aut. Quia neque tempore voluptas sit sed tempore.

Possimus perferendis repudiandae sed tenetur. Eligendi aut blanditiis voluptatem veritatis maxime molestias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”