Undisputable Wharton Spring 2023 Club Ranks (From an Insider in every T1/2 Club)

replacing this shitpost with some actual advice ----

First, how to figure out whether or not a club is "good." Since you can honestly learn everything outside of clubs, the main point is to have upperclassmen who are willing to mentor/help you. This is of course assuming that you are joining clubs for career prep reasons. With that goal in mind, checking the credentials (which companies the leadership/portfolio managers are headed to) is indicative that they can teach you how to pass XYZ interview. This is all research that can be done on your own. Not all people are helpful, but enough are if you ask.

As for other qualities that are perceived as better for clubs (like teaching resources, social events, whether it's legit or not), you are just going to have to ask people who are in/left the club. And don't ask them when they are promoting their club, because of course they are going to tell you how good it is.

--

Of course, there are ways to rank clubs, like there are ways to rank companies to work for (WLB, comp, prestige, exit opps, etc). 

WITG/PEVC & WAX/Women/Latino/Black, etc are good places to start for finance

of course all dependent on who the portfolio manager is at the time and how much work they want to put in to help, which can easily change when someone graduates

Ok, so as an ACTUAL insider at every top club I have to say this:

PEVC miles above rest, no comp bcs literally all most cracked witg members are there + best vps (most cracked) + handsome german co-president & sick DJ co-president

Agreed with WITG SSG/TMT on top but TacOpps is up there

Girls from the triple T are literally fawning over guys in these clubs (same goes for Castle/Theos brothers and girls in PEVC/SSG/TMT/TacOpps)

Rest is good except…

Consulting clubs and WUFC shouldn’t even be here. Literally a joke

Someone in WITG and WUFC:

-WITG SSG and TacOpps are def the hardest and TMT comes only after them... but TMT has more overlap with board/PM positions than TacOpps, hence why TMT probably got ranked up there.

-WUFC is a joke even if it's investment. It's comparing Bank of America IB to PJT restructuring. Sure, WUFC is the "biggest" club with more funds/resources, better speaker events, and a great listserv (similar to BofA being a big bulge with deep pockets and recognizable name), but everyone knows the PJT kid can model laps around the BofA kid. 

I however didn't know that there were that many Castle/Theos guys in SSG/TMT/TacOpps. I've only seen a couple sceney kids in the hardo committees, and I'd say the sceniest committee is Real Estate, but I'm not sceney enough to know. 

Most Helpful

I like how some threads on WSO just reek of virginity now

Voluptatibus voluptates similique debitis omnis sunt. Nesciunt numquam omnis officiis ut doloribus adipisci.

Quam repellat nulla ut unde ea. Cumque quo reiciendis qui quibusdam autem. Ipsum repudiandae in molestias recusandae est vitae in. Nihil et ut fugiat asperiores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”