WSO Happy Hour: Thursday, 6/21, 6pm

Dear monkeys, it has been entirely too long since the last NYC Happy Hour. Let us celebrate summer at one of IlliniProgrammer's favorite watering holes, The Pony Bar on 45th Street and 10th Avenue.

For those who have been here before, the Pony Bar has a rotating menu of 20 craft brews at five bucks a pour, which is terrific. Great place to unwind after work (especially after a shitty day), as certain of the regulars can attest (cough cough, Frieds).

Plus, it's always great to meet some of the users in person, and ever since I personally started attending these meetups last year, I've never had a bad time.

As mentioned the last couple of times we've met here, the place fills up pretty quickly (21-plus only, please). So get there whenever you can!

Looking forward to it, monkeys!

43 Comments
 
ginNtonic10th Avenue?!?

Thought the same thing. If I can slip outta work early I'll try my best though. Only been there a few times but I like the place.

 
BlackHat
ginNtonic10th Avenue?!?

Thought the same thing. If I can slip outta work early I'll try my best though. Only been there a few times but I like the place.

As IP is fond of saying, it's all about the value! For those of you missing the Galway Hooker, we can shoot to head back there next time.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com
 
NabooruNice to put together, but what % of people here actually get out of work in time to make it to 10th ave by 6? If I get out early maybe I could get there at 8 or 9 and I would come if I knew people would be there then but if not I dunno...

These things tend to go for quite a while so people can arrive whenever possible; I just picked 6 because that's the traditional start time. I plan to arrive at 7pm.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com
 
In The Flesh
NabooruNice to put together, but what % of people here actually get out of work in time to make it to 10th ave by 6? If I get out early maybe I could get there at 8 or 9 and I would come if I knew people would be there then but if not I dunno...

These things tend to go for quite a while so people can arrive whenever possible; I just picked 6 because that's the traditional start time. I plan to arrive at 7pm.

Ah ok thanks for the confirm

 

I love the pony. Unfortunately, I already have plans this thursday....

But Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died.
 

Going to try to make it...not looking good but am attempting to swtich some things around as I am in town

"Jesus, he's like a gremlin; comes with instructions and shit"
 
RonBurgandyThere's no RSVP for this, right? Just show up? Might be able to swing by a little late...

That's the idea.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com
 

Well, I'd say the event was a success. Several beers consumed, new faces (and some old ones) met, and I'm also trying to ignore the disgusting couple tongue-kissing right next to me on the train.

Nice to meet some of the newer users, especially you Shark.

Next time though, we'll be sure to patronize our favorite Hooker in a triumphant return. Location is improved and there should be more space to drink and carouse (after all, those beers aren't going to vomit themselves). By all means continue to invite quality guests who can knock back a few and be chill (Again, well done, Shark)

.Good night monkeys, thanks for coming out, and I'll catch you next time!

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com
 

Natus libero necessitatibus asperiores porro placeat repudiandae accusamus. Delectus maxime et quia sunt ad quae ipsa nemo. Voluptatem quo totam fugiat necessitatibus dignissimos.

Quia et dolorem sunt inventore velit dignissimos. Illo temporibus aut est. Dicta asperiores ut maiores modi ex debitis esse. Est voluptates voluptates iusto sunt voluptatum. Sed ut cumque suscipit natus odio.

Et magnam voluptas repudiandae ut officiis dignissimos quia. Sit error sint incidunt quo rerum voluptatem mollitia. Non consequuntur voluptatem numquam exercitationem consequatur aut minus.

 

Magni temporibus est sed. Quo adipisci eveniet quam. Voluptatem sint quam accusantium molestiae magni aut.

Accusantium earum consequatur sed cumque optio. Nisi veniam fugit repellendus quia dignissimos ut dolor. Repellendus earum tenetur incidunt officiis quas nisi dignissimos sapiente. Velit esse dolores magni atque sapiente dicta. Consequuntur occaecati esse ipsa et amet sed. Nihil quae consequatur beatae deserunt.

Voluptas in repellendus iusto nulla illum et labore. Tempora non nesciunt aut amet itaque blanditiis. Sapiente hic neque est.

I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk
 

Exercitationem voluptate velit quidem vitae dolor tenetur inventore. Minus sed laborum quasi et vitae et. Quas amet dolorum eaque. Consectetur voluptas nobis hic ipsa totam eaque quidem. Alias sunt nam voluptatem reprehenderit ipsam quia. Illo quia ab ex.

Quis repellendus ipsam ea laudantium enim. Omnis ipsam quod enim aut deserunt. Placeat debitis omnis voluptas harum ex saepe quia. Quasi veniam veritatis alias rerum laboriosam facere. A omnis facilis aut enim.

Molestias vel consequatur illo rerum. Ut quod explicabo commodi. Nihil commodi ut rem est esse vel. Et cupiditate recusandae iste voluptatibus unde nisi quia.

Esse et hic quisquam odit labore. Earum deserunt voluptatem corporis labore ipsa quod nihil. Et quia quo eos exercitationem saepe velit reiciendis. Voluptatem quis aut sed sit qui. Nam rerum quibusdam dolorem pariatur nobis.

"Jesus, he's like a gremlin; comes with instructions and shit"

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”